Pre-and-Post Natal Treatment
Physical Therapy for Pre-and-Post Natal
Pregnancy affects all parts of the body. Strain on the body linked to pregnancy can be treated with physical therapy, including pain in the back, hip, neck, ribcage and pelvis.
Symptoms and Treatment
Pregnancy can cause a number of conditions, including:
• Lower back pain
• Diastasis Recti
• Shortness of breath
• Pelvic pain
• Leg and foot pain
Physical Therapy Can Help.
Physical therapy is an effective way to manage symptoms and improve functional mobility during and after pregnancy. Treatment can include:
- Postural training
- Deep tissue massage, myofasical release & other soft tissue mobilization
- Therapeutic exercise
- Posture, lifting techniques and biomechanics
The following clinics offer pelvic floor physical therapy and treatment for pre- and post-partum patients. Not all clinics offer all treatments. Clinics listed with an (I) treat internal.
- Physical Therapy for Women’s Health & Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: How to solve incontinence, pelvic pain and complications from pregnancy
- PT for Women’s Pelvic Health
- “Pregnancy and Physical Therapy” – American Pregnancy Association
- “I’m pregnant and in pain, how can physical therapy help?” – GetPT1st
- “Why your back is probably killing you during pregnancy, and how to deal with it” – Insider