Neck and Back Pain Treatment
Physical Therapy for Neck and Back Pain
Did you know that over 90% of adults will experience neck or back pain in their lives? Neck and back pain can be caused by something as small as your posture while you work, or something more serious like an injury resulting from a fall or accident. In many cases, this pain can negatively affect your life by keeping you from doing the things you love, keeping you awake at night, or just by causing pain and stress in your every day life. Our skilled clinicians can help assess, identify and create a customized treatment plan for your neck and/or back pain.
Physical therapy for back and neck pain focuses on the structures that support the spine and its joints including muscles, tendons, and ligaments to help reduce pain, restore mobility, strengthen muscles and get you back to your normal activities without the use of pain medication or surgery.
There are a number of different treatment options and approaches that your physical therapist may recommend based on the area, severity and cause of your pain. Our goal is always to create a treatment plan that is customized to your individual needs.
- Education about posture, movement and other factors that may cause or worsen symptoms
- Manual (hands-on) therapy to help move and stretch affected areas to relieve pain
- Exercises to help strengthen muscles and improve flexibility and mobility
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Graston Technique © for soft tissue mobilization
- Cervical traction
- Lumbar traction
- Massage therapy
- Passive modalities such as heat, ice, or electrical stimulation